[asterisk-dev] starpy
Corey Farrell
2018-03-26 09:55:53 UTC
I'm working on some PR's to update the Asterisk testsuite to be
compatible with Python3 (without breaking Python2).  An issue I've hit
is starpy.  A PR to deal with compatibility was started but never
finished.  Can we move starpy to gerrit.asterisk.org and convert the
github repository to a mirror the same way Asterisk and the testsuite
are done?  starpy is a critical dependency of the Asterisk testsuite and
PR's on github.com do not get proper attention since most Asterisk
developers do not follow it.  Using gerrit to perform active work would
ensure important PR's do not go stale.
Matt Fredrickson
2018-03-27 15:48:53 UTC
I'm working on some PR's to update the Asterisk testsuite to be compatible
with Python3 (without breaking Python2). An issue I've hit is starpy. A PR
to deal with compatibility was started but never finished. Can we move
starpy to gerrit.asterisk.org and convert the github repository to a mirror
the same way Asterisk and the testsuite are done? starpy is a critical
dependency of the Asterisk testsuite and PR's on github.com do not get
proper attention since most Asterisk developers do not follow it. Using
gerrit to perform active work would ensure important PR's do not go stale.
I don't have a problem with this. Anybody else have any thoughts/concerns?
--
Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager
Melany Cordova
Andrew Latham
- Andrew "lathama" Latham -
Melany Cordova
Matt Fredrickson
2018-03-28 21:46:58 UTC
Hey Melany,

Starpy is a library that's used to control Asterisk and Asterisk
related call control functions programmatically using Asterisk's REST
API. For more information, take a look at
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=29395573

Best wishes,
Matthew Fredrickson
Rodrigo Ramírez Norambuena
2018-03-27 19:27:55 UTC
Post by Matt Fredrickson
I'm working on some PR's to update the Asterisk testsuite to be compatible
with Python3 (without breaking Python2). An issue I've hit is starpy. A PR
to deal with compatibility was started but never finished. Can we move
starpy to gerrit.asterisk.org and convert the github repository to a mirror
the same way Asterisk and the testsuite are done? starpy is a critical
dependency of the Asterisk testsuite and PR's on github.com do not get
proper attention since most Asterisk developers do not follow it. Using
gerrit to perform active work would ensure important PR's do not go stale.
I don't have a problem with this. Anybody else have any thoughts/concerns?
+1 to move Gerrit

I've there some time ago. I've working in the same points of Corey time ago.

There [1] Pull Request still there for starpy and a [2] previous work
to add support to the testsuite

1: https://github.com/asterisk/starpy/pull/40
2: https://gerrit.asterisk.org/#/c/4074/
--